We have been working with game dev since 2015, providing tailor-made services to our Clients – from small independent studios to the biggest players developing AAA games.
Our main strength is extensive practical experience: we’ve been involved in both the creation of new entities (tailoring the legal form to their needs), and in the preparation of comprehensive documentation for existing developers and game launches (such as end-user licence agreement, general terms and conditions of service, privacy policies, etc., securing the issue of end credits, taking into consideration the aspects of personal rights and GDPR, or adequate description of the game website).
How can we help?
- Providing advice on the optimum form of business for the studio/developer.
- Designing a secure sales and distribution model for games.
- Comprehensive contract negotiation – we negotiate with Clients’ business partners from the game development industry regarding their contracts (e.g. development agreements, SLAs, MSAs, licence agreements, etc.), including international / cross-border contracts, if necessary using our network (we continuously work with law firms from the US, the UK, Germany, France, Spain, etc.).
- Drafting licence agreements for end users.
- Preparing key legal documents for publication on websites (usually front page footer) including specifically general terms and conditions of service and privacy policies.
- Developing and standardising the above documents for international sale of games.
- GDPR implementations dedicated to entities in the game development industry (considering their specific nature, including cookies).
- Databases – we advise on database acquisition, creation and management of records.
- Social media – we handle the legal side of promotions, competitions and other activities across social channels.
- Newsletters and marketing communications – we help Clients create and implement marketing strategies and increase conversion.
- Advertising – we support negotiations of contracts with media houses (sale of advertising space), advise on contracts with vloggers, bloggers, and influencers, review contracts for advertising materials, including TV and radio spots, etc.
- Tax advisory – aimed at tailoring the legal form/structure to the Client’s needs.
- Litigation – we defend our Clients’ rights before courts of all instances and arbitration courts.